Can I do this?: Their Idols and our upcoming Idol
Are you tired of chasing pretty rainbows?
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Their Idols and our upcoming Idol

After the less-than-stellar 5th season of American Idol, here comes our very own Idol for everyone in the Philippines. Philippine Idol will premiere in a few months and I can’t wait. I hope ABC-5 does not fuck this up! Make the damn stage ala-AI. I also pray that we will really have the best of the best not some “singers” who can only pass up for mediocre and disappointing contests like Star In A Million or Pinoy Pop Superstar wherein we are lucky if there is actually one really really good one. Now on to the judges, Ryan Cayabyab is a great choice since he is one of the most respected in the local music industry but the aging Pilita Corrales and the long-forgotten Francis M? Seriously! I would have wanted maybe Martin Nievera or Lea Salonga there, two of the few Filipino artists who are actually talented. Anyways, we are all hoping for a good run for Philippine Idol.

Of all the 5 winners of American Idols, I still think no one can beat Kelly Clarkson. The first and probably the best though Carrie Underwood have been releasing some really country pop songs that are very good. Oh, I remember Carrie’s run on the phenomenal 4th season! That’s actually my favorite of the last three since Carrie is there, and her performance of Heart’s #1 hit Alone is still one of the best performances in the history of the show. Not to mention that season’s other great finds, like Bo Bice, Vonzell (where is she now?) and even Anthony Federov and Anwar Robinson. Well, regarding the Winners’ singles, I still think A Moment Like This is the best closely followed by Fantasia’s I Believe. What about you people, what do you think? Here are the choices:





A Moment Like This – Kelly Clarkson
Flying Without Wings – Ruben Studdard
I Believe – Fantasia Barrino
Inside Your Heaven – Carrie Underwood
Do I Make You Proud? – Taylor Hicks

If you haven’t heard some of them, you can visit bolt.com, my new favorite music site. Just type in the lyrics, oh what the hell, you know what to do!

FlyTheNightAway @ 9:01 PM link to post